Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Rabia al-Adawiyya Qoutes




-O God, 
You know that the only thing I want in this life 
Is to be obedient to Your command. 
Even the living sight of my eyes 
Is service at your court.


-Brothers, my peace is in my aloneness.
My Beloved is alone with me there, always.
I have found nothing in all the worlds
That could match His love,
This love that harrows the sands of my desert.
If I come to die of desire
And my Beloved is still not satisfied, 
I would live in eternal despair.

-To abandon all that He has fashioned
And hold in the palm of my hand
Certain proof that He loves me---
That is the name and the goal of my search.




-O my Lord, if I worship You from fear of Hell, burn me in Hell; and if I worship You from hope of Paradise, exclude me from Paradise. But if I worship You for Your own sake, do not withhold from me Your Eternal Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment